Not eligible for Free Shipping.
Tillotson has created a new exciting category for the US Karting Market introducing the TPP-225RS engine which is offered for both Junior and Senior classes. This new category has derived from the Tillotson T4 concept as successfully introduced into Europe, however it was decided to offer the engine platform as an option for the US Karting Market.
Engine assembly is completed in the Tillotson Power Products facility in Decatur, Illinois which is also the distribution hub for USA.
About the Engine
The TPP-225RS features a completely new crankcase design which is heavily supported to allow a larger size piston compared to other common four stroke engines. The larger, 72mm diameter piston provides excellent torque in the lower rpm band and offers exceptional drivability, making it extremely user friendly for new drivers.
Some technical points:
- 225cc 4 Stroke
- weighs only 17kg
- PVL Digital Ignition limited to 6,500rpm
- Tillotson FM Series carburetor calibrated for the TPP-225RS engine for easy starting and top performance
- Engine is sealed so no tuning is permitted—only adjustment to the valve clearance is allowed
- Forged CNC machined connecting rod/flywheel for improved strength and reliability
- New design Tillotson crankcase with extra support for the higher power output
Tillotson partnered with XERAMIC® Kart Lubricants to develop an oil that offers longer engine life and optimum lubrication. The oil can detect contamination or additives by inspecting it with a UV lamp to eliminate cheating. The 4-stroke oil is made exclusively for Tillotson and is mandatory to use in T225RS category