Why the Go-Kart Alley Standard Kit?
There are other kits out there, but a go-kart should be more than just a frame with wheels and a motor that moves it. It should have style and curves that captivate your imagination. It should move YOU! The Go-Kart Alley kits will definitely move you!
Vintage go-karts have a fond place in the hearts of many. Fans of Go-Kart Alley frequently remark that the go-karts are just like the ones they used to have. But acquiring an original vintage kart is getting harder and harder. They are either too hard to find, too expensive or too far gone to restore without a great deal of time, tooling and effort.
We restored a number of classic vintage go-karts for our web series. Once we began to think about producing our own kits, we took a look at our fleet of over 18 go-karts to get inspired! We went with a design that is the perfect blend between race kart and yard kart. Something that will give you superior handling on the track yet rugged enough to take the abuse you might give it off road.
-Kit does not include engine, you can use your own or choose an engine off the website.
The Standard Parts Kit includes:
Tire Set #1
- 13" Tall Slick Tires, wheels mounted
Or Tire Set #2:
- 15" Tall Cleat Off Road Tires, wheels mounted
- XL Frame
- a signed copy of Go-Kart Alley
- 38" axle
- 2 springer spindles 10548/10549 springs, nuts and bolts
- 2- 12" tie rods with ends with nuts and bolts
- mechanical brake system 6" flip arm
- brake cable 53"-63" with adapter
- brake and throttle pedals HD
- throttle cable 8252
- brake and throttle return springs
- steering wheel and steering wheel cap
- single Manco seat
- Kill switch 4419
- six 1/4" keyway keys
- four 1" lock collars
- 1 axle bearing set
- clutch 1041
- 60 tooth sprocket
- 3' 420 chain with chain connector
- Complete hardware package
- Some assembly required.
- Weight limit - 400 lbs.
- O.A.L. - 68"
- O.A.W. - 38"
- O.A.H. - 30"
- Seat to pedals - 40"
Shipping Crate size - 30" wide, 69" long and 25" tall.
Wanting this kit but live outside of the Contiguous United States?
- Send an email to Sales@GoPowerSports.com and provide your shipping address. We will track down a quote and contact you back.
The not-so-small print:
Remember, Go-Kart Alley is fiction. Go-karts are real, both real fun and real dangerous. Our stunts are carried out by trained drivers on closed courses under the supervision of professional stunt coordinators. It is vitally important that anyone riding a go-kart wear the proper protective gear. The rider should wear, at a minimum, a full-face DOT-rated motorcycle helmet, gloves and a helmet supporting neck brace. These items and other safety equipment are not supplied with the kits but can be found through many online or retail sellers.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very good staff well educated on the parts
Bait abd switch no discount by saying cc10 as show said
Standard Vintage Go-Kart Kit
Everything shown on the website for the kit arrived all together.
I have put about 750 miles on this chassis now and the biggest issue aside from not getting the seat and brake for quite a while was the need to drill additional holes in the steering wheel plate so the wheel would be straight when driving straight. I did an electric conversion and the completed kart weighs ~310#, handles great (in dry weather... slicks), does 0-40 in ~4 seconds right now and it is good to go for both on and off-road driving. There is enough room to attach all manner of accessories such as lights, horn, cameras, fairing, extra seat cushioning, a dashboard, and even storage. I get a lot of compliments on the style of the frame, and I agree that it looks great. I could see building a second one on this frame as my sons get bigger...
Fast shipping and a great price. I highly recommend Go Powersports! The go kart is just what I was looking for!
Want a kart that resembles a vintage 60’s Rupp but will easily handle a large frame adult? It doesn’t get any better than this! Thank you Go Powersports!!!
love the kart but still missing the seat. Spoke with a gentleman there and due to a back up it'll here just later than anticipated. Thats why I continue to work them honest up front .
This is a very good kit overall. It is fun to build and drive. I recommend it.
There are a few areas where I suggest improvement or an "FYI" to potential buyers.
1) My frame is a little warped such that the front left wheel barely touches the ground. I noticed another reviewer had the same issue. It's not a big deal, but in the spirit of trying to make things even better, this might be an area for improvement.
2) There were no directions for assembly. Even something as simple as a few photos of a finished product would give us something to reference during a build. The designer ended up helping me. His assistance was excellent and should be provided prominently on the product sales or support page.
3) When I ordered, not all parts of the kit were available (the seat). But, I wasn't made aware of this until after my kit arrived. I suggest making shoppers aware of unavailable parts before they order.
Overall, this is a fun go kart kit that I heartily recommend. Does not come with an engine, FYI.