The Rascal Lite Minibike Kit is one of the most economical, build-your-own minibike kits on the market. We use our highly popular Rascal Minibike Frame and outfit it with our most cost-effective parts. The Rascal Lite is powered by a 98cc Gas Engine which is great for cruising the neighborhood or for young riders getting acclimated to riding. If the rider decides after a few years that they want to more power, then our Tillotson 212cc Engine can easily be swapped in. This Rascal Lite kit easily bolts up and can be customized to fit your personality.
Rascal Lite Features:
- Vintage-Style Rascal Minibike Frame
- 98cc Gas Engine
- 14" V-Tread Tires
- Mechanical Rear Brake
- Easy to Assemble
- Free Shipping Contiguous Lower 48 States
Rascal Lite Minibike Kit Includes:
- Rascal Frame
- 98cc Gas Engine
- 6" CT100 Front Floater Wheel with 145x70-6 V-Tread Tires and 6201 Bearings
- 6" CT100 Rear Wheel with 145x70-6 V-Tread Tires and 6201 Bearings
- Front 12mm Axle
- Rear 12mm Axle
- Rear Brake Disc
- 75T #35 Sprocket
- 12t #35 Clutch with 5/8" Bore
- #35 Chain
- Clutch Protector
- Mechanical Brake Caliper
- Brake Caliper Bracket
- Brake Cable
- Brake Lever
- Throttle Cable
- Throttle Grip Assembly
- CT100 Seat
- Kill Switch
- Chain Roller
- Rascal Sticker Kit (currently n/a)
- Rascal Pin
Key Difference between the Rascal Lite and Rascal Max:
- 98cc Engine (3HP) vs 212cc Stage 1 Tillotson Engine (11+HP)
- 12t #35 Centrifugal Clutch vs 30 Series Torque Converter Kit
- #35 Chain vs #420 Chain
- Stock 98cc Engine Gas Tank vs 10" Cylindrical Tank
- Rigid Front Suspension vs Front Suspension Kit
- Mechanical Brake vs Hydraulic Brake
- Stock 12" Rectangle Seat vs Rascal 12" Seat Options
- 145 V-Tread Tires vs Various Tread Style ie 15" Cleats, 15" Streets, 530 Universal Studs, and more
Suggested 98cc Engine Stage 1 Performance Parts:
Things To Know:
- Tools and assembly are required. Check out our Rascal Minibike Kit Assembly Video.
- Frame and Forks do not come painted, these are bare mild steel ready for your paint job or powder coat.
- It is recommended to mock up all parts on frame before painting to ensure everything lines up. Sometimes you may need to make some minor adjustments or re-drill some holes, so it is best to make modifications before painting.
- Adult Signature is required.
- Free Shipping only to Contiguous 48 States. If outside this area, please contact us for shipping quote.
Use of our products (Mini-bikes, Go-karts and parts) may result in injuries and risks commonly associated with powersport-type activities. It is recommended that you wear proper safety equipment at all times, including but not limited to, Gloves, and a Helmet. By using this product, you voluntarily assume the risk of injuries, and further acknowledge that GoPowerSports, shall not be responsible for any injuries or damages resulting from use of this product. This product is not recommended for use on public roads or unsafe terrain. Be aware of all applicable laws which may govern the use of this product in public areas as this product is not to be used in such instances which may violate local laws and/or in public areas which may cause injuries or accidents to bystanders.
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is so old school, they were fun and easy to work on, brings back memory's .
I was trying to build my 8 year old up to a mini bike. Got a Razor first. Then a smaller Amazon 50cc. The Rascal is exactly what it’s named. Purchased all performance mods as you suggested. His older sister test road and said it’s to fast for him so we went stock until he was confortable with it. It’s been great watching him ride. He just turned 10 and is now ready for the mods. Which he will be installing.he also helped put the bike together at the begining. All the kids are required to change oil, and belts if needed. He has had a blast riding this bike. Thank you Go Power sports. My daughter just bought a Maverick for her slightly small 12 year old.
This is a great entry level bike and it can handle a lot of upgrades down the road.
Just finished a 2nd kit. GPS Rascal frame is definitely top quality, heavy duty steel and expert welds. Great company. GPS has everything I need. Pictures speak for themselves..
I bought the Rascal Lite just for the fun of building it. I was impressed with the metal work, the welding and fab work is first rate. I had this Blue paint lying around. The 96cc engine would struggle to get me rolling, so I upgraded to a 212 Hemi Predator. The only thing I had to buy besides the engine was a #35 chain 3/4" Output Shaft Clutch, a 1 inch 5/16-24 bolt and a 1 1/4" diameter fender washer with a 5/16" hole thru it (to hold the clutch on the shaft). Everything hooked up and worked well. I comb the yard sales in my neighborhood on the weekends. I'm planning on getting a nicer seat and will likely hop up the engine up, again just for the fun. The best part, its reasonably priced. Way to Go.... GPS!
My build I put a 212cc instead of the 98cc and I also put a racing carb and removed the governor it’s too speed was 73 mph I also put a stage 3 header and a chrome racing flywheel
I bought the minibike think I will be able to build and ride in 1 hour, but no. Expect to be painting it for 2 days then another 2 days to build it. (Building it is a disaster struck loose!) Not even an hour into riding it and the welding on the wheel broke. Now I'm stuck buying another wheel.
Just ordered my 2nd Rascal Lite kit from GPS, I'm psyched..
Solid kit. No missing hardware or parts. Only complaint is mounting the seat. The holes line up from frame to seat perfectly.. backwards.. mine (hopefully) is just defective and theyve corrected this issue.
Another fun project this is my 3rd rascal that I have put together it’s a lot of fun and great for kids