The TAV 2 3/4 Drive 10T 40/41P Torque Converter is a high-quality and reliable transmission component. It is designed to efficiently transfer power from the engine to the wheels, allowing for smooth acceleration and improved performance. The torque converter features a 3/4 inch drive and is compatible with 10T 40 and other similar vehicles. With a 41P rating, this torque converter is capable of handling high levels of torque and can withstand heavy use over time. It is an essential component for any vehicle that demands high performance and reliability.
- Driver pulley 3/4" bore
- Driven pulley 5/8" bore
- Drive belt asymmetrical
- 10T sprocket for #40/41/420 chain
- Backplate and cover
- All necessary hardware to install kit
- We recommend you use an impact when installing these parts. Failure to do so may result in the torque converter coming apart and possible injury.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I decided to buy an American made Comet torque converter this time and pay more and see first hand the quality difference. The back plate is heavier and thicker and made stronger. Assembling the unit on my Coleman BT200X is always a challenge even if you bought a Chinese made one. First I recommend getting the 1" square tubing from here to raise the engine up as it would have been quicker than fabbing one out. Reminds me that you need to tap the cover holes using a 1/4" X 20 TPI as the bolt holes come untapped. Now the exhaust cover on the engine won't clear the frame when the engine is raised. Pull it off and cut a long notch out where it contacts the frame. Save that piece of metal and reverse it and I welded it back on one edge. If you can't weld it, just put the cover back on as the inner exhaust cover gets so hot it will burn you. Back to the Comet and their are 4 different Comet torque converters to choose from. I got the 218353A with the 3/4" bore 10 teeth and #41 chain for the Coleman mini bike. It goes without saying you will need a 3/4" to 5/8" sleeve and key to go over the drive shaft and a proper length bolt. This is necessary as the Comet's and Chinese units all are for 3/4" drive shafts. The belt on the Comet is premo and after set up the belt idles just fine and at high speeds the belt barely climbs up the drive unit, reducing wear on the belt. I recommend getting familiar with installation using u-tube video's and I see the Comet as stronger well made unit over the foreign made stuff, good riding.
Went on my stage 2 predator on my coleman ct200u ex made some engine risers and it fit like a glove and instant power, bike almost power wheelys now at takeoff.
Only had it on a week, but already the change is remarkable. Lots of pep out of the gate and nice top end.
Got it for my Coleman Bt200x/predator212 engine. All I can say is I can now go slow and controlled how I was looking for, and it lets me get a high speed still. 190lbs plus the bike weight and this handles it with ease.
Initial observations: The Chinese knockoffs (I own two) are identical in design but the Comet Brand components are made of thicker metal. The pads on the Comet driven clutch are larger/more robust. and the stamped steel components have more finished edges. I expect longer intervals between servicing as a result. Also expect somewhat quieter operation. Is the Comet worth the price of three Chinese knockoffs? I don't know yet. When I install it and use it for a year I'll get back to you. Kinda dumb to ask for a review after 24 hours but whatever.
Very good works like a charm definitely more speed mounts on perfectly
Much better then cheap knock offs. Worked perfect on my 10hp predator 212 hemi. Needed todo some cutting and grinding but came out good!
I bought 2 of these Comet clutches for my kids Drift II gokarts because they kept burning up the centrifugal clutches that they originally came with. Installation was fairly straight forward. The clutch backplate interfered with the rear oil dipstick(the engines have 2 dipsticks, front and rear) but 5 minutes work with a grinder fixed that up. Make sure you put the belt on the right way and Loctite on all the bolts wouldn't be a bad idea either. I had to fabricate a bracket to move the engine up and over to align the sprockets and also needed a longer chain but I knew that going into this project. So far I really like the results from this upgrade. Now the kids can putt along slowly if they want to without slipping/burning up the clutch. Acceleration is on par with the centrifugal clutches and top speed is the same, maybe even faster. The only complaint I have is that the bolt holes in the backplate for the plastic cover were not threaded. I din't have a metric tap to match the supplied bolts so I tapped the holed with 1/4" SAE threads and used some bolts I had on hand to attach the cover.